Surgeries Completed Since Opening:
UCAN Nonprofit Spay & Neuter Clinic
Vision & Mission
OUR VISION is a community without homeless pets where all residents have access to quality, affordable spay/neuter and other resources to help them keep their pets in their loving homes.
OUR MISSION is ending the euthanasia of cats and dogs in local shelters and keeping pets in their loving homes by providing professional and affordable spay/neuter and wellness services.
As a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, thanks to generous donors and grants, we are able to save lives of cats and dogs in our community by:
- Combating pet overpopulation through low-cost (free to those who cannot afford anything) spay/neuter surgery, preventing unwanted litters of puppies and kittens and enabling pets to live longer, healthier lives because surgery eliminates or substantially reduces the risk of certain fatal infections and types of cancer.
- Humanely stopping the exponential growth of the community cat population by trapping, sterilizing and vaccinating community cats.
- Preventing costly illnesses by offering low-cost core vaccines.
- Ensuring pets get back to their owners if lost, rather than entering a shelter, by offering low-cost microchips with lifetime registrations.
- Collaborating with our community partners to better serve pets and people in our community.
Congratulations to all of UCAN's Raffle Winners
Thanks to everyone who bought raffle tickets to help More Dogs and Cats in our Community!
Winner of the Party Barrow: Liz Englehardt
Winner of the Cat's Meow: Linda Sowders
Winner of the Cat Bench: Kathleen Brookshire - Winner of the Dog Bench: Betsy Kang
Coronavirus Procedures at UCAN
While we want to continue to help pets, the safety of our staff and clients is our first priority. So, PLEASE follow the procedures below when coming to our clinic for services.
A. PLEASE do not come to UCAN if you or any member of your household has tested positive for the coronavirus or has any symptoms. Please call us to reschedule your appointment for when you are cleared by your doctor.
B. You must wear a mask at all times when in the clinic. To save us expense, please bring your own mask. If you do not have one, we will give you a disposable mask.
C. No more than one person per pet will be permitted into the lobby. Please do not bring children with you if at all possible.
D. Please pay for services with a credit card rather than cash if possible.
E. All surgery and wellness appointments should be scheduled over the phone (513-721-7387) or through our website, Make An Appointment, instead of at the lobby counter.
SPAY/NEUTER SURGERY CHECK-IN PROCESS:
1. Please leave your pet safely in your vehicle until you are told to bring them in. Check-in for surgery is 8 a.m., so please don’t come much earlier than that because clients will be in the lobby picking up their cats that had surgery the prior day.
2. A staff member will greet you at the door and give you the surgery admission form to complete & sign in your vehicle.
3. No more than 10 people are allowed in the lobby at one time so the social distancing recommendation of staying 6 feet apart can be followed.
4. When the Admission Form is complete and signed on the back, please bring your pet, your pet’s medical record to show proof of a rabies vaccine if your pet has a current vaccine, and payment to the lobby. You will be instructed when you can enter. When you do, please stand 6 feet apart from others in the line marked by tape on the floors.
5. If you are bringing in community cats in traps, please do so between 9 and 11 am if possible, so you are not in the lobby during pet surgery check-in.
Thank you for your patience and help protecting our staff & other clients.
INTERNALLY, TO PROTECT CLIENTS, WE ARE:
1. Taking employees’ temperature before they start work, not permitting sick employees to come to work, and requiring that all employees wear masks.
2. Sanitizing everything touched by clients and staff, including clipboards, pens, etc.
Low-Cost Vaccine Clinic
Appointments available on Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
To comply with recommended COVID-19 guidelines, we are not able to offer a walk-in vaccine clinic at this time. Instead, we are offering vaccine clinic appointments on Fridays to limit the number of people in our lobby at one time. Please call 513-721-7387 to schedule an appointment.
To keep pets healthy and out of local shelters, we offer low-cost vaccines, microchips with lifetime registrations, heartworm testing for dogs, Felv/FIV combo testing for cats, parasite treatment and prevention, and other preventative veterinary services.
Keeping your pet up to date on recommended annual vaccines and on regular parasite prevention can prevent costly illnesses.
A current rabies vaccine is required by law. If your pet has a current rabies vaccine, please bring proof with you (a rabies certificate or vet record; a rabies tag on the collar is not sufficient proof). Otherwise, your pet will be given a 1-year rabies vaccine for $10.
Shop at Kroger, Remke or AmazonSmile?
At no cost to you, get donations for UCAN to save more animals every time you shop be selecting us as your charity.
You can earn donations for UCAN every time you shop at Kroger, Remke and AmazonSmile at no additional cost to you. You can also earn donations for UCAN by using GoodSearch.com, a Yahoo!-powered search engine. Just click on the links below to select UCAN as your charity and start helping us help more animals!